Bows Are A Girl's Best Friend







Jacket (Marc Jacobs - past season) | Sweater (H&M - haven't seen it online but have seen it in multiple stores!) | Belt (Forever 21) | Skirt (TJ Maxx - almost identical here) | Boots (Franco Sarto) | Earrings (Kate Spade - almost identical here)
Photos by the sister, edits by E ♥

Hello again! Today I'm sharing with you all one of my favorite outfits for this fall/winter. I absolutely adore bows, so when I saw this sweater at H&M I think I died a little inside. I've come to discover that some things from H&M are actually much better quality than Forever 21 - this sweater included. I would consider this a staple piece for my fall/winter wardrobe. I actually put together another outfit with this same sweater that's more casual, and I will be sharing it with you all in the near future! So if the adorableness of this sweater hasn't convinced you already, it's actually surprisingly warm, not scratchy at all, and it almost feels like there's two layers of fabric rather than one.

I paired it with a mustard yellow skirt in a decently heavy fabric which is very fall appropriate. I love the cut and length of this skirt because it's very preppy conservative and extremely J. Crew-esque. (And surprise surprise, J. Crew has a skirt nearly identical to this one, just not in this particular color! See above for link.)

The top and skirt looked a little lonely without a belt, so I finally settled on a thin black bow belt with minimal gold hardware. Because the bow isn't ostentatiously large it works with the outfit. If you don't have a belt like this, I would stick with a plain thin black belt. And of course, opaque black tights are a staple for a fall/winter wardrobe! Pair it with a black pump or ankle booty of your choice and you're good to go :)

Last, I chose a jacket that wasn't black because I didn't want to add anymore darkness to the outfit. I love love love this coat for its unique buttons and almost suit-like tailoring. If you don't have a coat in a similar color, I also think a cream colored peacoat with gold detailing would be beautiful against these colors.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you all soon!!

XOXO, 
E ♥

Post a Comment

Instagram

Refined Couture Theme by BD.